I didn’t move this weekend.
But my brother and his wife did. So I helped them move into their new apartment on Saturday. Despite having multiple people to help, it still took a full work day to get the job done.
Then my parents needed my help emptying their basement because they’ve got builders coming over on Tuesday to start finishing the basement. You think it wouldn’t take long to empty a basement, but my parents’ basement is 3,000 square feet, and it was about 40% full.
So guess what I did yesterday afternoon? Move!
With the exception of Sunday morning (when we had brunch with my in-laws), I spent the entire weekend moving stuff. Hence, “The Moving Edition” of the Carnival of Debt Reduction.
Let’s get started…
Fragile Items – Handle with Care (Editor’s Picks)
I enjoyed this post because Jason explains why he feels reducing debt is actually easier than losing weight. And he talks about setting realistic expectations over time. A good read.
This post made me laugh because it starts with a discussion of a radio station that planned to play music all the time. No commercials, no fund-raising pitches, nothing. So how did they plan to stay in business? Read this post to find out.
This is probably the most passionate post in the Carnival. More of a rant than anything. I can’t say there’s much personally actionable advice, but it’s still definitely worth reading.
- Finance Girl presents Would You Like to Save 49 Cents Today By Opening an Old Navy Card? posted at Finance Gets Personal.
A humorous/serious look at how retail stores attempt to push you into opening new credit cards… and what you can do about it.
Boxes, Boxes, Boxes! – Easy to lift, easy to stack.
- NCN presents 5 Questions To Ask Your Creditors When Making Debt Reduction Payments posted at No Credit Needed.
Heavy Lifting – Bend at the Knees, Focus & Lift!
- Jim presents How to Pay Off Credit Card Debt (Part I) – Choosing a Strategy posted at Cash Back Ideas.
- David presents 10 Things You Should Know About Debt Management Programs posted at Money Under 30.
- Jonathan Kinard presents Transferring Out of Credit Card Debt posted at Achieving Financial Freedom.
Awkward Items – These almost didn’t fit into the Debt Reduction Moving Truck, but I managed to squeeze them in.
- Moneyshaker presents US Economy Going South?
- KCLau presents Top 5 Regular Monthly Expenses We Don’t Need.
- MBB presents Are Credit Card Rewards Taxable Income?
- Silicon Valley Blogger presents Trick Yourself into Saving More!
- Mr Credit Card presents Who is the CFO of your Household?
Thanks for participating in the Carnival! When you get a moment, please link back and share it with your readers.